The Combined Level Graduate examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year. Lakhs of candidates appear annually in this prestigious examination generating stiff competition. It is thus important to be aware of the examination pattern. This article will provide you with all the necessary information regarding SSC CGL 2016 Exam Pattern.
This examination will have a three tier procedure for recruitment. The movement from one tier to another is dependent on the performance in the previous tier examination. The three tiers of this examination are:
- Tier 1: Preliminary Examination
- Tier 2: Mains Examination
- Tier 3: Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test/ Document Verification
The detailed pattern for each tier is as follows:
The Preliminary Examination will be an objective type written examination including four sections. It will be a screening examination testing the basic knowledge and awareness of the candidates and only those candidates who clear the minimum cut-off of this examination will qualify for the tier 2 examination. It will be a bilingual examination with total time duration of 2 hours. The individual weightage of each section is as follows:
- General Intelligence and reasoning: 50 questions, 50 marks
- General awareness: 50 questions, 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 questions, 50 marks
- English comprehension: 50 questions, 50 marks
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. This exam is compulsory for all.
The tier 2 or mains examination is also an objective-type written examination. The movement to the next tier is subject to the performance of the candidate in this level. There are 3 sections in this examination and the total marks are 600. The important features of each section are as follows-
- Paper I (Qualitative Aptitude): 100 questions, 200 marks
- Paper II (English Language Comprehension): 200 questions, 200 marks
- Paper III (Statistics): 100 questions, 200 marks
- Paper I and paper II are compulsory for all candidates and Paper III is compulsory for the posts of Statistical Investigators Group II and compiler.
Those candidates who clear the cut-offs of both- the tier 1 and tier 2 examinations are eligible for this level. It is the final level of recruitment and includes Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill test/ Document verification.
The All India merit list is then announced, taking into account the performance in each level and the posts are allotted to the candidates accordingly.