SSC CPO (SI, ASI, CISF) Preparation Tips 2017
The SSC organizes the Central Police Officer (CPO) Exam for the selection of eligible candidates for SI and ASI. The candidates who aspire for the SSC SI and ASI positions must appear for Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Interview, Physical Standard Test, and Medical Examination. The written examination is held in two steps – Paper I & II. The candidates would be tested in General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude & English in Paper I. The candidates who clear the Paper I will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test. Paper II will be evaluated only for the candidates who clear PET. Paper II tests the candidate’s ability in answering English language & Comprehension. The motive of the article is to provide preparation tips for SSC CPO (SI, ASI, CISF) Exam 2017.
Preparation tips for SSC CPO (SI, ASI, CISF) Exam 2017:
The preparations tips provided here are based on the pattern of the exam. Please be aware of the syllabus and pattern of SSC CPO (SI, ASI, CISF) Exam 2017. For that, you can either refer to the official website of SSC or the article titled “SSC CPO SI, ASI, CISF Exam 2017 - Syllabus & Pattern” on this site.
Preparation tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Solve previous year question papers.
- While solving the section, keep a stop-clock so as to check your speed and accuracy. Improve your speed and accuracy by practicing more papers.
Preparation tips for General Knowledge and General Awareness:
This section is very important, it is usually asked in 2 parts. One is Static GK and the other is Current Affairs.
- Reading News Paper daily should be an activity for a set duration every morning, ideally that is the best time to get an update about the news.
- Try to stay tuned to watching television channels such as CNN, educational channels like NGC which airs documentaries, films based on facts and instructional programming to enhance your overall knowledge.
- Give priority to General Science related developments, books and authors, events, history or politics with others will enhance your GK, confidence and thought-process too.
Preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
The knowledge in this section remains as a deciding factor, one must score high in this section.
- Practice lot of sample papers and mock tests.
- The candidates must have conceptual clarity and lot of practice. Practice short tricks in the methods of calculation. Practice the BODMAS Rule, approximations, Average, Percentage, Time, Speed and Distance, Time & Work related questions.
Preparation tips for English:
The main areas one needs to focus are Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, and Verbal Ability, Idioms, Spelling Test, Sentence Completion and reading Comprehension.
- Work on your vocabulary by reading Newspaper on a regular basis, make a note of vague words, and find out meanings. While reading Newspaper, two things are met. Your Current Affairs knowledge and vocabulary can be developed at the same time.
- Get well versed with the rules of Grammar. Focus on Active/Passive voice and Direct/Indirect Speech.
- Practice on comprehension questions on a daily basis, you can develop accuracy and good understanding.
Last but not the least, candidates must prepare a study plan which should contain both easy and difficult topics. Practice test papers on a daily basis. Prepare well, all the best.