The Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Rajnath Singh co-chaired a delegation level meeting with Lt General Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, Minister of Interior of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Agreement contains cooperation on the following subjects:1. Combating international terrorism,2. Trans-national organized crime and 3.Trafficking in illicit, drugs, narcotic and psychotropic substances and precursors chemicals.
India-Bahrain Relations (In 21st Century)
- Air Service Agreement (April 2000)
- MOU on Cooperation between Ministries of Foreign Affairs (January 2004)
- Agreement on Juridical and judicial Co-operation in Civil and Commercial Matters (January 2004)
- Extradition Treaty (January 2004)
- Agreement on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters (January 2004)
- Agreement on the Promotion and Protection of Bilateral Investment (January 2004)
- Agreement for Media Co-operation between Prasar Bharati and Bahrain Radio & TV Corporation (March 2007)
- MoU on Labour and manpower Development (June 2009)
- Agreement regarding Exchange of Information with respect to Taxes (May 2012)
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Information and communication Technology (May 2012)
- MoU on the establishment of a Joint High Commission (February 2014)
- MoU on cooperation between the Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, India and the Diplomatic Institute (February 2014)
- MoU for cooperation in the field of youth and sports (February 2014)